Visitors can enjoy all that Castres has to offer including the golf courses, museums, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, art, and cafés.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Castres
- The closest major airport is in Castres (DCM-Mazamet) 6.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Carcassonne (CCF-Pays Cathare) 43.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castres
The city's cultural venues include Goya Museum and Jean Jaures Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Benedict Church and Notre Dame de la Plate Church.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Castres. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- B&B Hôtel Castres Centre Gambetta - Amenities in this 2-star hotel room include free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Hôtel Mercure Castres L'Occitan - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel de l'Europe - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and a 24-hour business center.
Getting Around Castres
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Castres Station. Castres might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Castres
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Castres gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F