Travelers to Borobudur give high marks for the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and mountain views.
- You'll find 517 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Yogyakarta
- The closest major airport is in Yogyakarta (JOG-Adisucipto Intl.) 35.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Borobudur
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Punthuk Setumbu, Borobudur Temple, and Candi Pawon. Additionally, you might want to add Samudraraksa Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Borobudur. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Borobudur - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Plataran Borobudur Resort & Spa - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Manohara - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Borobudur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 75°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 51.22 inches of rain falls on Borobudur each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 73°F