Travelers to Bogota give high marks for the fascinating museums, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés, live music, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Monserrate, Plaza de Bolivar, and Bogota Botanical Garden.
- There are 635 hotels and other accommodations in Bogota
- The closest major airport is in Bogota (BOG-El Dorado Intl.) 9.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Villavicencio (VVC-La Vanguardia) 80.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bogota
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and cultural venues include Casa Grau, La Castellana National Theater, and El Chico Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Monserrate, Plaza de Bolivar, and Torre Colpatria. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bogota Botanical Garden, Mirador de los Nevados Park, and North Star Park.
In Bogota, you'll find 635 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- JW Marriott Hotel Bogota - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Chapinero can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- The Artisan D.C. Hotel, Autograph Collection - This 4-star hotel in Financial District features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour health club.
- Four Seasons Hotel Bogotá Casa Medina - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Financial District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Bogota
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 68°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Bogota gets about 41.30 inches of rain per year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 67°F, while September and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F