Visiting Beit Shemesh
Visitors can enjoy all that Beit Shemesh has to offer including the ancient ruins, local tours, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its art. Yad Vashem, Israel Museum, and Knesset are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 199 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jerusalem
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion) 32.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov) 46.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Beit Shemesh
A couple of favorite places to visit are Beit Jamal Monastery and Beit Shemesh Archaeological Park. In the area, you'll also find Yad Vashem and Israel Museum.
As you start planning your visit to Beit Shemesh, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 10 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are some of the places to stay in the area:
- Capitol is located 2.8 mi from the heart of Beit Shemesh. This hotel in Beit Shemesh features a restaurant, free WiFi, and laundry facilities. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- American Colony Hotel The Leading Hotels of the World is 15.2 mi from central Beit Shemesh. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Jerusalem can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- The Post Hostel is 14.6 mi from the center of Beit Shemesh. With a stay at this hostel in Jerusalem, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Knesset, located 13.6 mi (21.9 from the heart of the city, and Machane Yehuda Market, which is 14.2 mi (22.8 away.
Getting Around Beit Shemesh
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Beit Shemesh Station. Beit Shemesh might not have as many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Beit Shemesh
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- About 19.02 inches of rain falls on Beit Shemesh each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 43°F