Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, 1 Queen Bed
Superior Room, 2 Single Beds
- 2 single
Luxury Room, 1 King Bed
Luxury Suite, 1 King Bed with Sofabed
- 1 king and 1 sofa bed
French hotel in Midtown dining/nightlife area
Opening onto both West 44th and West 45th streets, the Hotel Sofitel New York is just one block from 5th Avenue shopping and the Theater District. The hotel shares its excellent location with other fashionable accommodations and restaurants.
A restaurant with warm-weather sidewalk seating and an expansive French-accented bar/lounge offers French and American meals and bar menu.
Guestrooms and suites featuring Sofitel signature MyBeds include separate tubs and showers, French toiletries, candles, and orchids in marble bathrooms. Desks have high-speed Internet connections.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This New York hotel includes a complimentary Internet room off the lobby containing three computers with high-speed access and a printer. A complimentary, mirrored-wall 24-hour fitness center contains cardio machines, weight machines, and free weights. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby and meeting rooms.
- Concierge desk
- Technology helpdesk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Fitness facilities
- Room service (24 hours)
- Parking garage
- Parking (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 398
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Medical assistance available
- Currency exchange
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 30
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pool table
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe
Gaby - Streetside restaurant with folding window walls open in warm weather to sidewalk-café seating. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner. French and American cuisine. Includes bar/lounge with green-marble floor/tabletops, booths, banquettes, mirrored columns, leather bar stools. Bar menu/ bar service from mid-day to late night.
A fitness center six blocks from the Sofitel New York hotel offers discounts to hotel guests for its fitness center/work-out studio. Other Midtown athletic clubs offer swimming and racquet sports at their regular rates.
Central Park, 0.75 mile north of the Sofitel, offers a variety of recreational opportunities, including ball fields, tennis courts, rowboat rentals, horseback riding, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. Rockefeller Center's skating rink, four blocks away, opens in winter, as does Central Park's Wollman Rink. A golf driving range is located at Chelsea Piers sports/entertainment complex 1.5 miles west of the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Please note: Maximum occupancy is 2 guests per room. 1 rollaway bed may be available for children ages 12 and younger and must be reserved in advance directly with the hotel. Any reservation with a 3rd guest over 12 years old will be subject to a daily rollaway bed fee. Hotel contact information is provided on the booking confirmation email.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50-60 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
- Additional Details
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.