Search Yangon, Yangon Region Hotels from AU$57
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 16 Mar. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Travelers to Yangon give high marks for the temples, lakeside setting, and Chinatown. Culturally-rich and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours.
- There are 239 hotels and other accommodations in Yangon
- The closest major airport is in Yangon (RGN-Yangon Intl.) 5.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yangon
Cultural venues in the city include Myanmar Gems Museum, National Museum, and Myanmar Gems Museum & Gems Market. Its temples and Chinatown are notable and landmarks include Kaba Aye Pagoda, Aung San Suu Kyi House, and Kyauk Taw Gyi Pagoda. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Inya Lake, Kandawgyi Nature Park, and Kyauktan.
In Yangon, there are 239 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Belmond Governor's Residence - This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Pan Pacific Yangon - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Yangon downtown can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- The Strand Yangon - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Yangon
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Yangon Central Railway Station. Yangon might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Yangon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 99°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- About 3.90 inches of rain falls on Yangon each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 64°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Yangon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Yangon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Yangon?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Yangon?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Yangon?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Yangon?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Yangon?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Yangon?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Yangon?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Yangon?
Recent Reviews in Yangon
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Yangon airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Yangon?
- Where to stay near top Yangon attractions?
- More accommodation types in Yangon
- What kind of hotels are in Yangon?
- Which hotel chains are in Yangon?
- What are the most popular hotels in Yangon?
- Are there hotels near Yangon?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends