Travelers to Windsor give high marks for the casinos, riverfront, and lively bar scene. Vibrant and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its live music and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include GM Renaissance Center, Ford Field, and Fox Theatre.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Windsor
- The closest major airport is in Windsor, ON (YQG) 7.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal) 10.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Windsor
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Windsor Community Museum, The Colosseum, and Walls Underground Railroad Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Detroit Windsor Tunnel, Caesar's Windsor, and Gordon House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Jackson Park and Point Pelee National Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Windsor. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Wenzler's Landing Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Wigle's Motel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Ye Olde Walkerville Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Popular places to see outside the city include GM Renaissance Center, located 1 mi (1.5 from the heart of the city, and Ford Field, which is 1.6 mi (2.6 away.
Getting Around Windsor
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Windsor Station. Windsor may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Windsor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Windsor is 1.14 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F