Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waterloo, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, sporting events, and casinos.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodations in Waterloo
- The closest major airport is in Waterloo, IA (ALO-Waterloo Regional) 7.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa) 85.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterloo
Families come for attractions such as Phelps Youth Pavilion, Lost Island Waterpark, and Palmer's Family Fun. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Big Woods Lake Recreation Area, Stolz Park, and Randall Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and College Square Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Waterloo. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Waterloo - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Cobblestone Inn & Suites Waverly - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Falls - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar.
Dressing for Waterloo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 10°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Waterloo is 34.53 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°F