Visitors can enjoy all that Tain has to offer including the golf courses, bars, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seaside and local tours.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Tain
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV) 28.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tain
The picturesque setting of North Sutor Cliffs and Moray Firth exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Browns Gallery and Tain Through Time.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Tain. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tarrel House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Shandwick House - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Royal Hotel Tain - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and convenient parking.
Getting Around Tain
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Tain Station or Fearn Station. Tain might not have as many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Tain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 63°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tain is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 63°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 34°F