- Lakefront cabin has private dock, three boat slips and fish cleaning station with power and running water.
- Neighborhood has tennis/basketball court, running/walking path, landing strip, nearby playground and boat ramp (5 miles).
- Calm cove has main channel access and sandy beach with horseshoes, picnic table and grill - ideal for swimming and water play.
- Slight incline from lake to house (rare at Kerr Lake) makes life easy.
- Dogs welcome - pet cleaning fee required
READY TO RELAX?
Pack your comfy clothes. Leave your worries behind. It's time for a trip to Kerr Lake. Nestled in a private cove on Kerr Lake, the Log Cabin is a perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Located in Clarksville, Virginia, the Log Cabin is just 1.5 hours from Raleigh, 2 hours from Richmond and 3 hours from Charlotte. It's a short drive, but you'll feel like you're a million miles away.
You'll enjoy views of the lake from nearly every room in the house, a sprawling deck, open floor plan and rustic furnishings. With four bedrooms and two bathrooms, the Log Cabin sleeps 8 (3 queen, 2 twin beds and 2 lofted beds), but can accommodate a larger family with the use of 2 toddler cots, 1 pack 'n' play and a comfy sofa. Bathing towels and bedding are provided (please bring your own beach towels). Dining room seats 8. Kitchen is well equipped for a group of 8+. House has heat and air conditioning.
Drink your morning coffee and enjoy the sunrise on the front porch glider. Take a run along the trails through the quaint neighborhood. Catch an impressive catfish or bass from the private dock. Soak up rays, dine alfresco and watch deer roam the 3-acre property from the expansive deck. Play tennis or basketball on the neighborhood court. Take a nap or watch the sunset in the comfy hammock. Cook the catch of the day on the gas grill. Roast hotdogs and marshmallows over the fire pit. Play games around the large dining room table. Watch movies in front of the gas fireplace.
Kerr Lake is a popular water sports destination with plenty of open water for skiing, wake boarding, tubing, etc. If you prefer a more relaxing water experience, the cove is the place to be. Swim in the calm waters around the dock or lounge on your float and enjoy the peaceful cove with heron, geese and ducks.
Located on a calm cove, the U-shaped slip dock has room for three boats (or more). Put your boats in at Longwood Park (5 miles away) and visit Clarksville Marina (6 miles away) for all of your boating needs. Unlike many Kerry Lake properties, the Log Cabin has only a slight incline from the water to the house, making loading and unloading easy. If you have strong arms, the dock is accessible by both strollers and wheelchairs.
The crappie, catfish, striper and bass are calling ... It's time to drop a line! The Log Cabin's private dock features a fish cleaning station with both power and running water. Bobcat's Bait & Tackle (4 miles away) has everything you need for a great fishing trip on Kerr Lake. No boat? No problem! Catch your dinner from the dock. The largest catch from the dock so far is a 32 pound catfish. Can you top that? Send us your photos from the dock!
If you prefer to stay onshore, you can take a short walk along the cove to the nearby peninsula. There is a sandy beach, great swimming area for kids, a picnic table, grill and horseshoes. The land along the shoreline is public property and great for exploring, fort building, frog catching and hide-and-go-seek. AREA With buildings dating back to 1889, Clarksville, Virginia has an old-fashioned feel to it. It's a small town with friendly locals who are happy to provide tips about the area. The downtown is just a 10 minute drive or short boat ride from the Log Cabin. You can tie up your boat at the public dock and explore Virginia's only lakeside town. There are plenty of restaurants and shops to explore as well as several grocery stores and fast food options. Looking for dinner to go? Call ahead - some restaurants will deliver to the dock!
- Wi-Fi, washer, dryer, heat, air conditioning, cold water filter (in kitchen)
- Gas grill, fire pit, hammock, outdoor seating for 8+, 2 chaise lounge chairs with cushions- Children's picnic table, skewers for marshmallow and hotdog roasting
- DVD/Blu-ray player, library of 55 DVDs, PlayStation2 with 3 controllers, 40 PS2 games, basic board games and books
- Highchair, pack 'n' play and toddler cots available upon request
- There is no smoking allowed. No exceptions, sorry.
- We usually limit the number of guests to 8, but if you have infants or small children, we can be flexible. Please let us know the ages of your young guests, so we can provide highchairs, cots and toys, if appropriate.
- Dogs are welcome at the Log Cabin. A cleaning fee is required in addition to the standard cleaning fee.
- No cats or other animals are allowed inside the cabin.