Koro Sun Resort was a stellar, adventurous, and perfect choice for our honeymoon. The staff was truly amazing and welcoming, and the diving and snorkeling were phenomenal.
There are, however, a few things I wish I'd known before going, and perhaps these will help you:
- Meals are fairly limited and MUST be ordered in advance the day of. So there are no sit-down-and-decide-now meals, which was a bummer
- There are no Caribbean-style 'white sand beaches' because everything is coral and rough on your feet. There is a public beach a 3-minute drive away, but again, bring reef shoes for the rough ground.
- This is not a beach vacation or beach resort, it is much more rainforest or adventure themed. The diving, snorkeling, and other activities are what you're there for.
- Don't be shy to ask for rides into town or try some local restaurants, beaches, or otherwise leave the resort. The staff are awesome and accommodating, but be aware that you don't HAVE to do the resort-sponsored stuff.
- Get a meal plan. It will save you a lot of money.
- "Bottled water included in the room" means two Fiji Water bottles FOR THE ENTIRE STAY. So save your bottles and fill them up at the water stations. It seems like a major pain at first, but it's barely an inconvenience after you're used to it.
- The front desk isn't that coordinated, so be sure you're clear when you book activities or ask questions.