Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rouen, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and cafés.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Rouen
- The closest major airport is in Rouen (URO-Rouen - Seine Valley) 9.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rouen
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include La Maison Sublime, Musee Jeanne D'Arc de Rouen, and Musee des Beaux-Arts. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Gros Horloge, Rue du Gros-Horloge, and Monument Juif. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Palais de Justice and Rouen Cathedral.
In Rouen, there are 61 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home Sweet Rouen Cathédrale - Located in Rouen City Centre, this apartment features a kitchen and a fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Hotel de Bourgtheroulde, Autograph Collection - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Rouen City Centre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Novotel Suites Rouen Normandie - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Getting Around Rouen
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Palais de Justice Tram Station, Theatre des Arts Tram Station, or Joffre-Mutualite Tram Station. Rouen might not have as many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Rouen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 1.26 inches of rain falls on Rouen each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F