Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Roatan, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 340 hotels and other accommodations in Roatan
- The closest major airport is in Roatan (RTB-Juan Manuel Galvez Intl.) 1.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Utila (UII) 43.2 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Roatan
Attractions like Blue Harbor Tropical Arboretum, Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences, and Carambola Botanical Gardens are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mahogany Beach, Sandy Bay Beach, and Half Moon Bay Beach. Diving is a top activity, and Gumbalimba Park is one place to visit.
In Roatan, there are 340 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Marble Hill Farms - This 2.5-star hotel features a marina, a private beach, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Puerta Azul - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort - With a stay at this 4-star condo, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Dressing for Roatan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 67°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Roatan is 1.77 inches
- September and June are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 67°F