Travelers give high marks for the shopping in Riyadh, which is also known for its coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, safari tours, and soccer matches.
- There are 395 hotels and other accommodations in Riyadh
- The closest major airport is in Riyadh (RUH-King Khaled Intl.) 39.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Riyadh
Notable city landmarks like Ancient Diriyah and Al Musmak Fortress might be worth a visit. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Panorama Mall, Centria Mall, and Al Zal Market. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are King Abdulaziz Conference Center and King Saud University.
In Riyadh, there are 395 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Riyadh Olaya - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Al Olaya District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Revan Palace - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Braira Hotel Olaya - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Al Olaya District can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Riyadh
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 107°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 107°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 98°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- Average annual rainfall for Riyadh is 2.80 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 106°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 48°F