Rio de Janeiro Vacation: Coronavirus Information
Most Rio de Janeiro hotels offer free cancellation. Consider booking refundable hotels rather than non-refundable ones. Just look for the ‘free cancellation’ message during your hotel search. Prices can vary, but right now we believe that flexibility matters.
For more information about the impact of COVID-19 on your Rio de Janeiro trip, please visit our Coronavirus Information page.
Where to stay in Rio de Janeiro
4/5Very Good!(37 area reviews)
Mingle with the local residents on one of the world’s most famous beaches, admire art deco buildings and party until dawn in this effervescent neighborhood.
Barra da Tijuca
5/5Exceptional!(2 area reviews)
Rio de Janeiro’s longest beach, a sprawling shopping mall and some of the city’s best seafood restaurants and bars await in this relaxed neighborhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(2 area reviews)
Relax on beautiful beaches, shop for fashion and revel in the nightlife of one of Rio de Janeiro’s most stylish areas.
3.5/5Good!(3 area reviews)
Stroll along the winding cobblestone streets of this famous Rio de Janeiro neighborhood to see aging 19th-century mansions and haunts of local artists.
Attend a service in the city’s main cathedral, ride the tram across a colonial-era aqueduct and then dance the night away in this popular Rio neighborhood.
Top hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed on 14 Sep. 2020
Reviewed on 22 Aug. 2016
Reviewed on 6 Mar. 2020
Top activities in Rio de Janeiro
Full Day in Rio - Corcovado, Sugar Loaf & City Tour with BBQ
Sugarloaf Mountain and City Tour with Metropolitan Cathedral
Rio by Air Helicopter Tour from the Lagoon
Rio de Janeiro Beach Holiday
Relax on the shore as you watch the sunlight flickering on the water on your Rio de Janeiro holiday. If you're craving the complete beach experience, a trip to Rio de Janeiro will definitely deliver. You've probably heard of Icarai Beach (4 miles (7 km) away). We recommend booking your hotel nearby. However, plenty of sightseers also choose Rio de Janeiro holiday deals closer to Recreio dos Bandeirantes Beach or Grumari Beach, two other magnificent nearby options.
Things You Should Know About Rio de Janeiro
- If you want to stay as close as possible to the shoreline, check out what's available at these Rio de Janeiro beach hotels. You're sure to find a place that suits your style.
- Apartments, like APARTAMENTO EM COPACABANA and Apartamento Ipanema Guinle I, are also popular property types here. Compare prices and amenities and take your pick!
- Dread endlessly pulling your wallet out on holiday? We hear you. With most things taken care of, our All-Inclusive hotels in Rio de Janeiro are the ideal solution.
- Our Rio de Janeiro things to do page is a good place to begin planning your getaway to Rio de Janeiro. After you arrive, get chatting to one of the 6,023,700 friendly locals to discover even more.
- Save on experiences by booking our Rio de Janeiro holiday deals. With fantastic attractions such as Christ the Redeemer to explore, this destination will keep you on the go.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best way to save money on my Rio de Janeiro holiday?
Which airports can I fly into for a Rio de Janeiro holiday?
- Rio de Janeiro Airport (SDU-Santos Dumont): 4,332 flights per month.
- Rio de Janeiro Airport (GIG-Galeao - Antonio Carlos Jobim Intl.): 3,667 flights per month.
What are the most popular types of hotels for a trip to Rio de Janeiro?
What does a holiday booking with Expedia include?
What are the best things to do in Rio de Janeiro?
- 3-Hour Private Sail
- Rio Scenarium: Fast Track Entrance, Dinner & Open Bar
- Christ the Redeemer by Van and Selarón Steps
- 3-Hour Open Group Sailing
- BRASIL SIM cards: data + UNLIMITED calls + free shipping
- Appreciate the Best Views of Rio!!!