History buffs will enjoy exploring Ravenna, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the cathedral and museums. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours. A top sight in the city is Mirabilandia.
- There are 117 hotels and other accommodations in Ravenna
- The closest major airport is in Rimini (RMI-Federico Fellini Intl.) 55.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ravenna
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Dantes Museum, TAMO Museum, and National Museum of Ravenna. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Piazza del Popolo, Torre Civica, and Arian Baptistry. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mirabilandia and Teatro Comunale Alighieri.
In Ravenna, you'll be able to select from 117 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Palazzo Bezzi - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hotel Sant'Andrea - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Albergo Cappello - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Ravenna
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Ravenna Station. Ravenna may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ravenna
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ravenna is 1.38 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 44°F