Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Portree, which is also known for its local tours and waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and welcoming setting. In Portree, there are 24 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Portree
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Old Man of Storr, Kilt Rock, and Quiraing. Top activities include taking local tours and taking a ferry, while Portree Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Skye Riding Centre and Uig Pottery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Portree. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Conusg Bed and Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Gleann an Ronnaich Bed and Breakfast - Our customers love the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Redwood House Hotel - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Portree
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 56°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 52°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Portree gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 57°F, while March and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F