Visiting Port Moresby
Visitors to Port Moresby are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, spas, and golf courses.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Port Moresby
- The closest major airport is in Port Moresby (POM-Jackson Intl.) 3.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Moresby
The picturesque setting of Brown River and Rouna Falls exemplify the city's natural beauty. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Port Moresby Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ela United Church and Hanuabada.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Port Moresby. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Airways Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Grand Papua Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Port Moresby - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Port Moresby
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port Moresby is 46.73 inches
- Hottest months are usually December and November with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 71°F