Visitors to Port-au-Prince are sure to enjoy the live music, waterfront, and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its art and bars.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Port-au-Prince
- The closest major airport is in Port-au-Prince (PAP-Toussaint Louverture Intl.) 3.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port-au-Prince
The city is well known for its live music and art, and cultural venues include Museum of Haitian Art, National Pantheon Museum, and Marassa Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Champs de Mars Square, National Palace, and Port-au-Prince Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and La Visite National Park.
In Port-au-Prince, you'll find 97 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Allamanda Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Best Western Premier Petion-Ville - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hôtel-Restaurant Cyvadier Plage - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Port-au-Prince
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port-au-Prince is 47.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 68°F