Travelers give high marks for the bustling port in Picton, which is also known for its local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Picton
- The closest major airport is in Picton (PCN) 7.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Blenheim (BHE-Woodbourne) 27.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Picton
The city's natural beauty is on display at Picton Foreshore, Kaipupu Wildlife Sanctuary, and Mabel Island. Top activities include taking a ferry and taking local tours, while Picton Harbour and Picton Ferry Terminal are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Go Dive Marlborough and Picton Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Picton. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Anchor Down Picton Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Kippilaw House - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Sennen House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free ferry terminal shuttle, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Dressing for Picton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Picton gets about 48.98 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 43°F