History buffs enjoy visiting Oamaru though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, wineries, and parks.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Oamaru
- The closest major airport is in Oamaru (OAM) 15.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oamaru
Cultural venues in the city include Janet Frame House, North Otago Museum, and Forrester Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Totara Estate. The city's natural beauty is on display at Oamaru Gardens, Oamaru Harbour, and Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Oamaru. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Oamaru House Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Douglas - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Oamaru Motor Lodge - This 4-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a free airport shuttle. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Oamaru
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Average annual rainfall for Oamaru is 1.42 inches
- Usually January and December are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 36°F