Visiting Nuku Alofa
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Nuku Alofa has to offer. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Nuku Alofa
- The closest major airport is in Nuku'alofa (TBU-Fua'amotu Intl.) 12.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Eua (EUA) 36.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nuku Alofa
The city is notable for landmarks like Basilica of St Anthony of Padua, Royal Tombs, and Centenary Chapel. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Talamahu Market and Royal Palace of Tonga.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Nuku Alofa. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Seaview Lodge - With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Little Italy Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Loumaile Lodge - This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Nuku Alofa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- About 1.61 inches of rain falls on Nuku Alofa each year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 67°F