Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Newtonmore, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and forests.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Newtonmore
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV) 60.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newtonmore
A couple of favorite places to visit are Fused and Light and Lochaber Geopark. Additionally, you'll find Dalwhinnie Distillery and Kingussie Golf Club in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Newtonmore. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Glen Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Highlander Hotel - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Newtonmore
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Newtonmore Station. Newtonmore might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Newtonmore
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 62°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Newtonmore each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 63°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F