Search New Plymouth, Taranaki Hotels from AU$80
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Aug. 2020
Visiting New Plymouth
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Plymouth, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in New Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in New Plymouth (NPL) 10.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Plymouth
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Puke Ariki, Real Tart Gallery, and Govett-Brewster Art Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Richmond Cottage, Wind Wand, and Saint Mary's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Pukekura Park, Sugar Loaf Marine Reserve, and Paritutu Rock.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to select from in New Plymouth. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- One Burgess Hill - This 4.5-star motel features free parking, a fitness center, and a conference center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- King and Queen Hotel Suites - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi.
- 16 Havelock - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for New Plymouth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on New Plymouth each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in New Plymouth?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in New Plymouth, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in New Plymouth?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in New Plymouth?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to New Plymouth?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in New Plymouth?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in New Plymouth?
What's the best luxury place to stay in New Plymouth?
What's the best boutique hotel in New Plymouth?
Recent Reviews in New Plymouth
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the New Plymouth airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of New Plymouth?
- Where to stay near top New Plymouth attractions?
- More accommodation types in New Plymouth
- What kind of hotels are in New Plymouth?
- Which hotel chains are in New Plymouth?
- What are the most popular hotels in New Plymouth?
- Are there hotels near New Plymouth?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends