Visiting New Plymouth
Families will find kid-friendly activities in New Plymouth, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in New Plymouth
- The closest major airport is in New Plymouth (NPL) 10.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Plymouth
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Puke Ariki, Real Tart Gallery, and Govett-Brewster Art Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Richmond Cottage, Wind Wand, and Saint Mary's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Pukekura Park, Sugar Loaf Marine Reserve, and Paritutu Rock.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to select from in New Plymouth. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- One Burgess Hill - This 4.5-star motel features free parking, a fitness center, and a conference center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- King and Queen Hotel Suites - Our customers like the WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi.
- 16 Havelock - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Dressing for New Plymouth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on New Plymouth each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F