Search Negombo, Western Province Hotels from AU$12
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 7 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 10 Feb. 2019
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Negombo, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its churches. A top sight in the city is Negombo Beach.
- There are 197 hotels and other accommodations in Negombo
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) 4.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Negombo
The city is notable for landmarks like Angurukaramulla Temple, St.Mary's Church, and St. Sebastian's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Negombo Beach and Dutch Canal. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maris Stella College and Ave Maria Convent.
In Negombo, you'll find 197 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa kapuru - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Villa Shade - Our customers like the helpful staff at this villa. This 2.5-star villa features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ziegler Cottage - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Getting Around Negombo
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Railway Station Negombo. Negombo might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Negombo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Negombo gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Negombo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Negombo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Negombo?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Negombo?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Negombo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Negombo?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Negombo?
What's the best luxury hotel in Negombo?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Negombo?
Recent Reviews in Negombo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Negombo airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Negombo?
- Where to stay near top Negombo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Negombo
- What kind of hotels are in Negombo?
- Which hotel chains are in Negombo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Negombo?
- Are there hotels near Negombo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends