Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Negombo, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its churches. A top sight in the city is Negombo Beach.
- There are 197 hotels and other accommodations in Negombo
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) 4.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Negombo
The city is notable for landmarks like Angurukaramulla Temple, St.Mary's Church, and St. Sebastian's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Negombo Beach and Dutch Canal. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Maris Stella College and Ave Maria Convent.
In Negombo, you'll find 197 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Villa kapuru - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Villa Shade - Our customers like the helpful staff at this villa. This 2.5-star villa features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ziegler Cottage - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Getting Around Negombo
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Railway Station Negombo. Negombo might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Negombo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Negombo gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F