Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Muscat, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and fun sporting events. Relaxing and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its opera houses, cafés, and mountain views.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Muscat
- The closest major airport is in Muscat (MCT-Seeb Intl.) 5.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Muscat
Well known for its opera, the city's cultural venues include Oman Natural History Museum, Royal Opera House Muscat, and Muscat Children’s Museum. The beaches and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Qurum Beach, Qantab Beach, and As Sifah Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Markaz Al Bahja Mall and Muscat City Centre Shopping Mall.
In Muscat, you'll find 119 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Shangri-La Al Husn Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features a private beach, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Coral Muscat Hotel & Apartment - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 4-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Chedi Muscat - This 5-star resort in Al Ghubrah Ash Shamaliyyah features a marina, 3 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Muscat
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 90°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 105°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 103°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 96°F during the day and 64°F at night
- Muscat gets about 3.58 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 103°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 64°F