Visitors to Mataranka are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hot springs, spas, and bars.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Mataranka
- The closest major airport is in Katherine, NT (KTR-Tindal) 88.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mataranka
The picturesque setting of Mataranka Hot Springs and Elsey National Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Never Never Museum and Elsey Station Homestead.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Territory Manor Motel & Caravan Park - This 2.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mataranka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 92°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 98°F as the daytime average and 78°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.50 inches of rain falls on Mataranka each year
- October and November are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F