Visitors to Margate are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, gardens, and bars.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Margate
- The closest major airport is in Margate (MGH) 3.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Margate
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Margate Beach, Uvongo Beach, and Ramsgate Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Butterfly Valley Butterfly Farm to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Margate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tahiti Sands - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Sea 'n Sky - Our customers like the beach locale at this apartment. With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Beachcomber Bay - Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Margate
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 72°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- Average annual rainfall for Margate is 31.65 inches
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 57°F