Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 17 Oct. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Sep. 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Malaga, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Malaga Cathedral, Malaga Amphitheatre, and Alcazaba.
- There are 896 hotels and other accommodations in Malaga
- The closest major airport is in Malaga (AGP) 7.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Malaga
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Picasso's Birthplace, MIMMA, and Carmen Thyssen Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Malaga Cathedral, Malaga Amphitheatre, and Alcazaba. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Malagueta Beach, Banos del Carmen Beach, and Las Acacias Beach.
In Malaga, you'll be able to select from 896 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Malaga City Breaks - Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Centro can enjoy access to a terrace and an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- La Siesta Málaga Guesthouse - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 1-star guesthouse in Centro can enjoy access to a terrace and free WiFi.
- Debambu Larios - Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Centro can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its central location.
Other top sights in Malaga include Gibralfaro Castle.
Getting Around Malaga
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Malaga is easy. You can access metro transit at La Marina Station, Guadalmedina Station, and La Malagueta Station. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Málaga María Zambrano Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Malaga
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 51°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Malaga gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 47°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Málaga?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Málaga, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Málaga?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Málaga?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Málaga?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Málaga?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Málaga?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Málaga?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Málaga?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Málaga?
What's the best golf hotel in Málaga?
Recent Reviews in Málaga
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Málaga airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Málaga?
- Where to stay near top Málaga attractions?
- More accommodation types in Málaga
- What kind of hotels are in Málaga?
- Which hotel chains are in Málaga?
- What are the most popular hotels in Málaga?
- Are there hotels near Málaga?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends