Search Makassar, South Sulawesi Hotels from AU$19
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Oct. 2019
Reviewed on 5 Oct. 2019
Visitors can enjoy all that Makassar has to offer including the waterfront and theme park. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in Makassar
- The closest major airport is in Makassar (UPG-Sultan Hasanuddin Intl.) 12.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Makassar
Favorite places to visit in the city include Mall Panakkukang, Makam Pangeran Diponegoro, and Paotere Harbor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monumen Mandala and Mall Ratu Indah.
In Makassar, there are 168 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Four Points By Sheraton Makassar - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Harper Perintis - Makassar - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Aston Makassar Hotel & Convention Center - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Makassar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- About 104.68 inches of rain falls on Makassar each year
- Usually May and September are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas September and August are often coldest, averaging 70°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Makassar?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Makassar, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Makassar?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Makassar?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Makassar?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Makassar?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Makassar?
Recent Reviews in Makassar
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Makassar airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Makassar?
- Where to stay near top Makassar attractions?
- More accommodation types in Makassar
- What kind of hotels are in Makassar?
- Which hotel chains are in Makassar?
- What are the most popular hotels in Makassar?
- Are there hotels near Makassar?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends