Visiting Mahe Island
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Mahe Island, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Grand Anse Beach, Beau Vallon Beach, and Takamaka Beach.
- There are 127 hotels and other accommodations in Mahe Island
- The closest major airport is in Victoria (SEZ-Seychelles Intl.) 6.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Praslin Island (PRI) 48.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mahe Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Grand Anse Beach, Beau Vallon Beach, and Takamaka Beach. Snorkeling is just one of the top activities, while Seychelles Golf Club and La Plaine St. Andre are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are North East Point Beach and Barbarons Beach.
In Mahe Island, you'll be able to select from 127 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Villas de Jardin - This 4-star villa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 7 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Mahe Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 76°F
- About 2.68 inches of rain falls on Mahe Island each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas November and December are often coldest, averaging 76°F