Visitors can enjoy all that Madang has to offer including its local tours. The quaint and relaxing setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Madang
- The closest major airport is in Madang (MAG) 2.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Madang
Favorite places to visit in the city include Madang Museum, Japanese War Memorial, and Machine Gun Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Madang Country Club and Flying Fox Roosts.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Madang Lodge Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Madang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 90°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- Average annual rainfall for Madang is 46.73 inches
- Usually November and December are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 71°F