Visitors to Longyearbyen are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and safari tours.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Longyearbyen
- The closest major airport is in Longyearbyen (LYR-Svalbard) 4.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Longyearbyen
Cultural venues in the city include Svalbard Museum, Atelier Aino, and Galleri Svalbard. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Svalbard Church and University Centre in Svalbard.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Longyearbyen. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Svalbard Hotell & Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Funken Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Longyearbyen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°F during the day and -1°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 46°F, while the average at night is 2°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 49°F with nighttime averages of 24°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°F and nighttime averages of -1°F
- Longyearbyen gets about 0.55 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 45°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging -1°F