Search Londonderry, Northern Ireland Hotels from AU$71
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 23 Mar. 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Londonderry, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its museums, local tours, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Diamond, Tower Museum, and Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodations in Londonderry
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry) 11.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.) 80.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Londonderry
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Tower Museum, Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, and Harbour Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Diamond, Derry City Walls, and Walled City. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Irish Craft Village and Guildhall.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Londonderry. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bishop's Gate Hotel - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bridge Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a restaurant, a bar, and a business center.
Getting Around Londonderry
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Londonderry Station. Londonderry might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Londonderry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Londonderry is 1.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 64°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Londonderry?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Londonderry, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Londonderry?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Londonderry?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Londonderry?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Londonderry?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Londonderry?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Londonderry?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Londonderry?
What's the best golf hotel in Londonderry?
What's the best accommodation in Londonderry to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Londonderry
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Londonderry airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Londonderry?
- Where to stay near top Londonderry attractions?
- More accommodation types in Londonderry
- Which hotel chains are in Londonderry?
- What are the most popular hotels in Londonderry?
- Are there hotels near Londonderry?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends