Visiting Lake Tekapo
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Tekapo, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Quaint and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its mountain views and churches. In Lake Tekapo, there are 8 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Tekapo
The city's lakeside, mountain views, and stargazing provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Lake Tekapo. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Roundhill Ski Area and Mount John Lookout.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lake Tekapo. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lake Tekapo Village Motel - Amenities at this 3.5-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Mantra Lake Tekapo - Our customers like the room size and location at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Lake Tekapo Cottages - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Dressing for Lake Tekapo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Lake Tekapo gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F