Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 13 Dec. 2020
Reviewed on 17 Jan. 2021
Visiting Lake Tekapo
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Tekapo, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Quaint and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its mountain views and churches. In Lake Tekapo, there are 8 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Tekapo
The city's lakeside, mountain views, and stargazing provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Lake Tekapo. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Roundhill Ski Area and Mount John Lookout.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lake Tekapo. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lake Tekapo Village Motel - Amenities at this 3.5-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Mantra Lake Tekapo - Our customers like the room size and location at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Lake Tekapo Cottages - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Dressing for Lake Tekapo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Lake Tekapo gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Lake Tekapo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lake Tekapo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Lake Tekapo?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Lake Tekapo?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Lake Tekapo?
What's the best luxury hotel in Lake Tekapo?
Where's the best place to stay for a trip to the slopes in Lake Tekapo?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Lake Tekapo?
Recent Reviews in Lake Tekapo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Lake Tekapo airport?
- Where to stay near top Lake Tekapo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Lake Tekapo
- What kind of hotels are in Lake Tekapo?
- Which hotel chains are in Lake Tekapo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Lake Tekapo?
- Are there hotels near Lake Tekapo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends