Search Kassel, Hessen Hotels from AU$83
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 10 Jul. 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Kassel has to offer including the museums, art, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, entertainment choices, and parks.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Kassel
- The closest major airport is in Kassel (KSF-Calden) 13.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kassel
Cultural venues in the city include Fridericianum, Museum of Natural History, and Astronomy and Physics Exhibition at the Orangerie. The city is notable for landmarks like Druselturm, Martinskirche Kassel, and Documenta-Halle. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bergpark, Karlsaue Park, and Staatspark Karlsaue.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Kassel. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Renthof Kassel - This 3-star hotel in Mitte features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Premiere Classe Kassel - This 3-star hotel in Waldau features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace.
- Adesso Hotel Astoria - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Vorderer Westen can enjoy access to a bar and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Kassel
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Kassel is a breeze. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Kassel-Kirchditmold S-Bahn, Kassel Jungfernkopf S-Bahn, and Kassel Harleshausen S-Bahn. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Kassel Central Station, Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe Station, or Kassel Oberzwehren Station.
Dressing for Kassel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 27°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 71°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 73°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- About 24.65 inches of rain falls on Kassel each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 71°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kassel?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kassel, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Kassel?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Kassel?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Kassel?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Kassel?
What's the best boutique hotel in Kassel?
What's the best accommodation in Kassel to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Kassel?
Recent Reviews in Kassel
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kassel airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kassel?
- Where to stay near top Kassel attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kassel
- What kind of hotels are in Kassel?
- Which hotel chains are in Kassel?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kassel?
- Are there hotels near Kassel?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends