Travelers to Karangan will find plenty to explore and enjoy. The closest major airport is in Penang (PEN-Penang Intl.) 52.1 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Karangan
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sedim Tree Top Walk. In the area, you'll also find Bukit Hijau Recreation Park and Putra Lake Park.
As you plan your trip to Karangan, you may not find the ideal accommodation in the city center, but here are lodging choices around the area.
- MBI Desaku Homestay is located 8.8 mi from the heart of Karangan. Guests who stay at this 3-star vacation home in Kampung Batu Puteh can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hotel Continental is 26.4 mi from central Karangan. This 3.5-star hotel in Penang features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
- Hotel Jen Penang By Shangri-La is 26.7 mi from the center of Karangan. This 4-star hotel in Penang features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Karangan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Karangan is 2.48 inches
- Hottest months are usually May and February with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F