Search Johor Bahru, Johor Hotels from AU$24
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 13 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 17 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 26 Feb. 2020
Visiting Johor Bahru
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Johor Bahru, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and theme park. This city also attracts tourists with its water parks. Singapore Turf Club, National Orchid Garden, and Chinatown Heritage Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 273 hotels and other accommodations in Johor Bahru
- The closest major airport is in Johor Bahru (JHB-Senai Intl.) 13.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Singapore (SIN-Changi) 35.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Johor Bahru
Families come for the theme park and water parks, specifically attractions such as Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park, Johor Zoo, and Angry Birds Activity Park Johor Bahru. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Mydin Shopping Centre, Sutera Mall, and Holiday Plaza. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Johor Golf and Country Club and Tan Sri Hassan Yunus Stadium.
In Johor Bahru, you'll be able to select from 273 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- KSL D'Esplanade Residence - A Cosy Home - Located in Central District, this 3-star apartment features a kitchenette, free WiFi, and a balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
- Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi.
- Amari Johor Bahru - This 4.5-star hotel in Central District features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Singapore Turf Club, located 8 mi (12.9 from the city center, and National Orchid Garden, which is 16.3 mi (26.3 away.
Getting Around Johor Bahru
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at JB Sentral. Johor Bahru may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Johor Bahru
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Johor Bahru gets about 2.99 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and June with an average of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Johor Bahru?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Johor Bahru, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Johor Bahru?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Johor Bahru?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Johor Bahru?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Johor Bahru?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Johor Bahru?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Johor Bahru?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Johor Bahru?
Recent Reviews in Johor Bahru
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Johor Bahru airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Johor Bahru?
- Where to stay near top Johor Bahru attractions?
- More accommodation types in Johor Bahru
- What kind of hotels are in Johor Bahru?
- Which hotel chains are in Johor Bahru?
- What are the most popular hotels in Johor Bahru?
- Are there hotels near Johor Bahru?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends