Visitors can enjoy all that Jena has to offer including the museums, university setting, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, monuments, and entertainment choices.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Jena
- The closest major airport is in Erfurt (ERF) 44 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Jena
Cultural venues in the city include Goethe memorial, Optical Museum Jena, and Zeiss Planetarium. The city is notable for landmarks like JenTower, Goethe Gedenkstätte, and Rathaus. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Schiller's Garden House and Theaterhaus Jena.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Jena. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Steigenberger Esplanade Jena - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Ibis Jena City Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and parking.
- Hotel Schwarzer Bär - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Jena
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Jena West Station, Jena Saale Station, or Jena-Zwätzen Station. Jena might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Jena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Jena gets about 20.04 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F