Visiting Islay Island
Visitors to Islay Island are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, gardens, and seaside.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Islay Island
- The closest major airport is in Islay (ILY) 7.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Campbeltown (CAL) 50.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Islay Island
Cultural venues in the city include Bowmore Distillery, Bruichladdich Distillery, and Wildlife Information Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Islay Ales and Museum of Islay Life.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Islay Island. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Islay House is located within 3.4 mi of the city center. This 3.5-star hotel in Islay Island features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its bar and breakfast.
- Glenegedale House is 4.6 mi from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Glenegedale can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast.
- Port Charlotte Hotel is located 3.1 mi from the city center. This 4-star hotel in Islay Island features a restaurant, free parking, and a conference center.
Dressing for Islay Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 59°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Islay Island is 1.38 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 59°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 38°F