Visitors to Holyhead are sure to enjoy the seaside and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its tucked away and relaxing setting. In Holyhead, there are 23 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Holyhead
Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Holyhead Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Holyhead Maritime Museum and South Stack Lighthouse.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Holyhead. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- South Stack Coastal Retreats - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Trearddur Bay Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Holyhead Lodge - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
Getting Around Holyhead
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Holyhead is easy. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Valley Station or Holyhead Station. Cross the water in a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Holyhead
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Holyhead each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F