Visitors to Gunnedah are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and parks.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Gunnedah
- The closest major airport is in Tamworth, NSW (TMW) 63 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gunnedah
The picturesque setting of Waterways Wildlife Park and Kitchener Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gunnedah Golf Club and Gunnedah Visitor Centre.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gunnedah. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Gunnedah Lodge Motel - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Harvest Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Mackellar Motel - This 4-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Getting Around Gunnedah
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Gunnedah Station. Gunnedah may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gunnedah
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 26.42 inches of rain falls on Gunnedah each year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F