I had a very love-hate relationship with this VRBO.
We are a family of 5. 2 adults & 3 kids. all under the age of 11.
- Being able to bring our dog was also a huge plus for us.
Note to all future renters.... please pick up after your dog! I did see some poop, it wasn't a big deal to me, I picked it up, but if you want places like this to stay pet friendly. please don't leave poop.
- communication was great. He responded almost immediately to everything I asked about/for. No complaints there.
- The house is very large and it fit our family without any issues, the kids weren't on top of one another at any point
- All the dishes you need are there. I think the only thing missing was something to crack lobster open with.
- Beach towels, shower towels, extra sheets, and Blankets, all there.
- We are from a big city so naturally, we expect to be able to lock up the house at night before going to sleep. We weren't able to lock the garage door or 3 windows on the lower level. The owner came and locked the garage the day after we arrived. The windows I braced with a piece of wood every night before bed, this will require more of his time to fix, which didn't make sense to have him there while we were there. But not being able to lock the house up properly each night was a little nerve-wracking. I didn't sleep well.
- The house is optically clean... if this makes sense to someone.
but window openings were sticky with what felt like grease build up... maybe past sticky fingers.
The kitchen counters were similar, like an oil/grease build-up. I think the floor was mopped before we arrived because the owner came back to get a mop, but we were still left with black feet after walking around the house without shoes.
-baseboards are thick with dust all over the house, and hair in the bathroom drains
- Dishes are all available to you, but I don't believe they check them after someone leaves. Anything we needed, we absolutely had to wash first. Food was visibly crusted to almost everything, and if not food, a sticky film... like grease.
- Spices are available but we were only able to use the salt, everything else the humidity had turned into a hard clump and we were unable to use any of it.
- you cannot access the water easily. It's doable but not easy, the point of choosing this location was water access and we were so disappointed.
Would I book again.... yes, but I'd look for something else first. It would be a 2nd choice.