Families will find kid-friendly activities in Freeport, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and live music. Top sights around the area include Port Lucaya Marketplace and Gold Rock Beach.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodations in Freeport
- The closest major airport is in Freeport (FPO-Grand Bahama Intl.) 1.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Regency Theater. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Xanadu Beach, Lucaya Beach, and Taino Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Port Lucaya Marketplace is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Freeport, you'll find 57 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Dolphin Cove - Adults only. - This 4-star aparthotel in Williams Town features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour - Our customers like the comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a marina, a private beach, and 2 restaurants.
- Dundee Bay Villas - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Gold Rock Beach, located 18.8 mi (30.3 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 62°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 63°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Freeport is 58.23 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F