Search Fortaleza, Northeast Region Hotels from AU$24
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Sep. 2019
Travelers to Fortaleza give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theaters, seafood restaurants, and water parks. A top sight in the city is Castelao Stadium.
- There are 345 hotels and other accommodations in Fortaleza
- The closest major airport is in Fortaleza (FOR-Pinto Martins Intl.) 7.5 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fortaleza
Cultural venues in the city include Image and Sound Museum, Ceara Museum of Image and Sound, and CEART - Handicraft Exposition. Attractions like Sargento Prata Zoo, Beach Park Water Park, and Park Engenhoca are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Meireles Beach, Iracema Beach, and Mucuripe Beach.
In Fortaleza, there are 345 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Carmel Charme Resort - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Carmel Cumbuco Resort - This 4.5-star resort features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Crocobeach Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Other top sights in Fortaleza include Castelao Stadium.
Getting Around Fortaleza
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Fortaleza is a breeze. You can access metro transit at Jose de Alencar Station, Sao Benedito Station, and Benfica Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Fortaleza Joao Felipe Station, Fortaleza Otavio Bonfim Station, or Pacatuba Station.
Dressing for Fortaleza
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 74°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 77°F
- Fortaleza gets about 2.48 inches of rain per year
- Usually November and February are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 74°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Fortaleza?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Fortaleza, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Fortaleza?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Fortaleza?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Fortaleza?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Fortaleza?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Fortaleza?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Fortaleza?
What's the best high-end hotel in Fortaleza?
What's the best golf hotel in Fortaleza?
Recent Reviews in Fortaleza
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Fortaleza airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Fortaleza?
- Where to stay near top Fortaleza attractions?
- More accommodation types in Fortaleza
- What kind of hotels are in Fortaleza?
- Which hotel chains are in Fortaleza?
- What are the most popular hotels in Fortaleza?
- Are there hotels near Fortaleza?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends