Visitors can enjoy all that Elgin has to offer including the archaeological sites, ancient ruins, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and cathedral.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Elgin
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV) 46.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Elgin
The city is notable for landmarks like Elgin Cathedral, Spynie Palace, and Duffus Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elgin Museum and Glen Moray Distillery.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Elgin. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lodge Elgin - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Mansion House Hotel & Country Club - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- The Royal Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free parking, a bar, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Getting Around Elgin
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Elgin Station. Elgin might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Elgin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Average annual rainfall for Elgin is 1.26 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F