Search Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Hotels from AU$63
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 21 Nov. 2019
Reviewed on 20 Feb. 2020
Visiting Dar es Salaam
Visitors to Dar es Salaam are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and breweries.
- There are 137 hotels and other accommodations in Dar es Salaam
- The closest major airport is in Dar es Salaam (DAR-Julius Nyerere Intl.) 9.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Zanzibar (ZNZ-Zanzibar Intl.) 67.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dar es Salaam
The city is notable for landmarks like Uhuru Monument, St Joseph's Cathedral, and Askari Monument. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and Dar es Salaam Botanical Gardens. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Zanzibar Ferry Terminal and Port of Dar es Salaam are sights to visit.
In Dar es Salaam, there are 137 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Amani Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Dar es Salaam Courtyard - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kivukoni can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Getting Around Dar es Salaam
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Dar es Salaam is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Dar Es Salaam Central Station. You can catch a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Dar es Salaam
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- Dar es Salaam gets about 1.61 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 66°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Dar es Salaam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dar es Salaam, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best place to stay for families in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best luxury hotel in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Dar es Salaam?
What's the best golf hotel in Dar es Salaam?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Dar es Salaam?
Recent Reviews in Dar es Salaam
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Dar es Salaam airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Dar es Salaam?
- Where to stay near top Dar es Salaam attractions?
- More accommodation types in Dar es Salaam
- What kind of hotels are in Dar es Salaam?
- Which hotel chains are in Dar es Salaam?
- What are the most popular hotels in Dar es Salaam?
- Are there hotels near Dar es Salaam?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends