Travelers to Dampier will find plenty to explore and enjoy. The closest major airport is in Karratha, WA (KTA) 7.6 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Dampier
Places to visit in the larger region include Hearsons Cove, Karratha Golf Course, and Karratha Visitor Centre. Additionally, you'll find Back Beach in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Dampier, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 11 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are some of the places to stay in the region:
- Dampier Mermaid Hotel Karratha is located in the heart of Dampier. Guests who stay at this 3-star motel in Dampier can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Karratha International Hotel is located 0.7 mi from the heart of Dampier. This 4-star hotel in Pegs Creek features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Best Western Karratha Central Apartments is 9.6 mi from the center of Dampier. This 4-star apartment in Karratha features 8 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Dampier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- Average annual rainfall for Dampier is 0.47 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 53°F