Search Colombo, Western Province Hotels from AU$25
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Jan. 2020
Visitors give high marks for the seaside in Colombo, which is also known for its sporting events and cafés. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its seafood restaurants, art, and gardens.
- There are 235 hotels and other accommodations in Colombo
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) 29.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Colombo
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include National Art Gallery, Sri Lanka National Museum, and Gem Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Dewatagaha Mosque, Gangaramaya Temple, and Chabad of Sri Lanka. The seaside, sunsets, and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty, and Viharamahadevi Park, Beira Lake, and Galle Face Beach are worth a visit.
In Colombo, you'll be able to select from 235 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Paradise Road Tintagel Colombo - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Cinnamon Gardens can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Colombo
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Colombo Fort Station or Wellawatta Railway Station. Colombo may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Colombo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- About 3.66 inches of rain falls on Colombo each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Colombo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Colombo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Colombo?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Colombo?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Colombo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Colombo?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Colombo?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Colombo?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Colombo?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Colombo?
Recent Reviews in Colombo
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Colombo airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Colombo?
- Where to stay near top Colombo attractions?
- More accommodation types in Colombo
- What kind of hotels are in Colombo?
- Which hotel chains are in Colombo?
- What are the most popular hotels in Colombo?
- Are there hotels near Colombo?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends