Search Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province Hotels from AU$18
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 7 Jul. 2020
Reviewed on 29 Feb. 2020
Visiting Chiang Rai
Visitors to Chiang Rai are sure to enjoy the temples, riverfront, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, monuments, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Wat Rong Khun, Wat Pra Singh, and Wat Phra Kaew.
- There are 231 hotels and other accommodations in Chiang Rai
- The closest major airport is in Chiang Rai (CEI-Chiang Rai Intl.) 7.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Houayxay (HOE) 74.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chiang Rai
The city's cultural venues include Oub Kham Museum and Black House Gallery. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Wat Rong Khun, Wat Pra Singh, and Wat Phra Kaew. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Singha Park, Pongphrabath Waterfall, and Doi Chang.
In Chiang Rai, you'll be able to select from 231 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bambuh Boutique Homestay - This 3-star guesthouse features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bura Resort, Chiang Rai - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a free airport shuttle, along with free WiFi.
- Le Patta - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Doi Tung Royal Villa, located 26.4 mi (42.4 from the city center, and Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden, which is 26.5 mi (42.7 away.
Dressing for Chiang Rai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 95°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 68.74 inches of rain falls on Chiang Rai each year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 55°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Chiang Rai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chiang Rai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Chiang Rai?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Chiang Rai?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Chiang Rai?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Chiang Rai?
What's the best high-end hotel in Chiang Rai?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Chiang Rai?
Recent Reviews in Chiang Rai
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Chiang Rai airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Chiang Rai?
- Where to stay near top Chiang Rai attractions?
- More accommodation types in Chiang Rai
- Which hotel chains are in Chiang Rai?
- What are the most popular hotels in Chiang Rai?
- Are there hotels near Chiang Rai?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends